Re: layer based constraints

On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 12:41:37PM +0200, Simon Huwyler wrote:
> Does it have to be online? It would be very nice. But I would also
> like to see an easy "graphical" way to assign nets to netclasses,
> and to check them (highlighting).

The 'graphical' way is right click/assign to netclass :D if netlist
handling is not realtime at least a warning to regenerate it should be
given (like when trying to do a netlist without annotation)

> If both are assigned to net classes, but not to the same ones, a
> dialog appears. The user could then check whether the new, merged
> net should be assigned to:
> - The first net's classes
> - The second net's classes
> - no classes (not very useful, I guess)
> - All classses involved.

Please stop: one net, one class; one net many classes is *way* too much
complicated. AFAIK nobody does that and sincerely I can't see a useful
way to use this.

Otherwise that's just a policy; these defaults (keep the assigned
classes otherwise clarify/remove it) seems fine to me.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl