Re: Patch for hand-modifiable issue date

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 01:39:22PM -0400, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> Control layout in wxWidgets is sizer based which makes it more like GTK
> than Windows RC files.  The wxWidgets sizers do behave differently than
> GTK sizers so it takes some getting used to.

Exactly. For example the button which has a 'standard' size, while GTK
uses size groups to obtain a similar effect... or borders which are
split between border and padding in GTK; most probably they have
equivalent capabilities accessed with different techniques.

> Did you test this on a Mac?  The 2.8 documentation for wxDatePickerCtrl
> would suggest that wxDP_DROPDOWN is available on all platforms.

Nope, no Mac available for testing... however trunk doc says:

(from http://docs.wxwidgets.org/trunk/datectrl_8h.html)

        wxDP_DROPDOWN a combobox-like date picker (not supported in mac version)

I agree that testing is needed (maybe the doc is not up to date, and the
missing spin support on gtk is not documented either)

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl