Re: SMT LEDs on board back side, but showing through a hole

I am not certain if SMT LEDs light on their backside, but the ones I
have used do not.  One way to test this is with a continuity check on
a multimeter--you can usually get a little light out.

On the other hand, I have used these previously with the names "gull
wing" or "backmount" or "reverse mount" SMT leds before--if your
aversion is to this particular brand or something.

Adam Wolf
Wayne and Layne, LLC