Re: 'Move' vs. 'drag' user experience justification

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 3:32 AM, Brian Sidebotham <
brian.sidebotham@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 13 June 2013 15:24, Chris Morgan <chmorgan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> I'm thinking it would address everyone's concerns, the two types of move
>> could be kept and new users could be helped to know the differences between
>> the two (and taught the hotkey values) so they wouldn't have to fuss over
>> whether their custom parts had the correct pin modes defined (input, output
>> etc).
>>
>> I could do a mockup of this particular hint if it would help and also
>> implement the framework for the feature.
>>
>> Chris
>>

> I purely use move, I don't think I've ever seen a use for drag without
> smart re-routing of wires. Each to their own really. Both options should
> stay because everyone has a different opinion and use.
>
> As another opinion, I really don't like nag dialogs. We would be better
> off getting more tutorials, and/or improving the documentation.
>
> The translators have the minimum amount of work to do then too as the
> documentation is in the manual, and not semi-repeated in a small nag box.
>
> Best Regards, Brian.

I'm not sure I'd consider them nag dialogs, more of an interactive
tutorial. Tips based on user actions, shown once with a quick click to
dismiss them forever so they wouldn't bother experienced users.

Chris