Re: Call for help.

On a release build with Winbuilder (Statically linked wxWidgets 2.9.4)
there is an IO_ERROR complaint. doing what you describe. I've got no
runtime errors.

I guess your wxWidgets and KiCad build are both built with the same (or at
least compatible) compilers? There were some incompatibilities between GCC
versions that I noted whilst getting the wxPython stuff to work.

Best Regards, Brian.