Re: Online library sharing idea

Users with a trust level larger than X could be the "librarians".
Granular trust levels like the one you're suggesting could be even
better.  I'm not insisting to having an elite group, but having a
group that maintains the library.  Looks like we're talking about the
same approach at the end of the day.

I think http://stackoverflow.com/help/badges could be adapted for such
a purpose.  It not only associates trust to users but provides added
incentives through gamification.