Re: Install KiCad on non Ubuntu distros - best way?

My issue was rather that root was used during the compilation process. I
would suggest building somewhere in the user's home directory rather than
/opt which is meant for installed software that doesn't use conventional
paths. I now have access and will edit the page when I find some time.