Re: Kicad Tool Framework

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 08:36:59AM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> I do that.  In our softplc runtime product multiple developers can work on the same
> control program at the same time from various locations over TCP, and an edit that one
> developer makes is propagated to other developer's views over TCP.
>
> It gets even more interesting when you understand that the program can actually be
> executing while you are editing it.  There is a built in incremental compiler in the
> softplc runtime.

Exactly the same that do SLIME with common lisp. You can replace
functions while the program is running (and the function could be in the
stack too:D); It's mature technology. In HA is essential that the
program continues to run even during upgrades...

For a board, well, it could be done; 'just' serialize all the commands
to a common core and implements some kind of observer to upgrade the
views. As for it usefulness I think that there are more useful things to
do in pcbnew:P

BTW do the beaglebone survive industrial environments? the sitara seems
more apt to low power than high resiliency applications...

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl