Re: QFP Footprint Wizard

Dick,
I'll look into that und hopefully provide my changes as a patch within the
next few days, thank you.

Lorenzo,
I'm happy that this really could be usefull to someone. I would like to
create more footprint wizards and/or other plugins/scripts for KiCAD in the
future.
The code isn't really that much by the way, most of the code is
"housekeeping" (clean console outputs) and the creation of silkscreen lines
for the outline of the module (7 single lines).

Chris,
according to pcbnew.cpp:128 the installation destination of KiCAD Python
plugins under Linux is "/usr/local/kicad/bin/scripting/plugins". Under
Windows it is "[KICAD_PATH]/scripting/plugins". The destination under Linux
seems to be subject to change (and should be). I, personally, created a
symlink from /usr/local/kicad/bin/scripting/plugins -> ~/.kicad_plugins
(under Linux) so I don't have to mess with root filesystem directories for
installing user plugins.
But make sure you are using a KiCAD version with scripting enabled! Look
for the daily builds by Adam Wolf for a prebuilt version.

Nils