Re: SVG -> Cu Layer

On 08/30/2013 08:38 AM, László Monda wrote:
> http://mondalaci.github.io/dxf-to-svg-to-kicad-pcb-converter/ may help
> you given that this drawing is composed of SVG arcs, lines and
> circles.  I'm not sure about the filled zones, maybe those could be
> done in KiCad.
>
> As soon as the sexp module format will be importable by KiCad I'll add
> a "download as module" option to this tool.

The sexpr modules use are called pretty modules.  Pretty refers *only to modules* in this
format.

Pretty modules are already importable in the module editor, one at a time.  Just import
something that you know to be in pretty format.  Typically it will have *.kicad_mod file
extension.  You can also export to pretty format and that module should be given a
*.kicad_mod file extension.  Already there, for months.

When you gather a bunch of them under a directory named *.pretty, then this constitutes a
pretty library.  These will be readable and writable when the fp lib table work is done.

FYI,

Dick