Re: 3D export of PCB

----- Original Message -----

The 3D PDF is a pretty thing, but there is no free software available for producing it.  The aim of producing a 3D VRML file is to give people a path for producing 3D STEP files for mechanical fit checks and so on; this is a temporary solution which will allow people to get work done while waiting for a better MCAD solution (which I hope to provide when FreeCAD has the required features). It would be nice to be able to provide 3D PDFs in the future for marketing purposes, but this is not a feature which any users have asked for.

- Cirilo