Re: Strange behaviour, schematic, moving components doesn't obey the grid

I highly suspect that this behaviour comes from here
(eeschema/controle.cpp), may be a "wxBug(tm)" related to Mac OSX? ..

this look like a lot of conditions to get satisfied by a bug......:

    if( !aHotKey && wxGetKeyState( WXK_SHIFT ) && wxGetKeyState(
WXK_CONTROL ) )
        snapToGrid = false;

but this second line, really matches the behaviour described in my previous
email:

    // Cursor is left off grid only if no block in progress
    if( GetScreen()->m_BlockLocate.GetState() != STATE_NO_BLOCK )
        snapToGrid = true;

stay tuned.

void SCH_EDIT_FRAME::GeneralControl( wxDC* aDC, const wxPoint& aPosition,
int aHotKey )
{
    wxRealPoint gridSize;
    SCH_SCREEN* screen = GetScreen();
    wxPoint     oldpos;
    wxPoint     pos = aPosition;

    // when moving mouse, use the "magnetic" grid, unless the shift+ctrl
keys is pressed
    // for next cursor position
    // ( shift or ctrl key down are PAN command with mouse wheel)
    bool snapToGrid = true;
    if( !aHotKey && wxGetKeyState( WXK_SHIFT ) && wxGetKeyState(
WXK_CONTROL ) )
        snapToGrid = false;

    // Cursor is left off grid only if no block in progress
    if( GetScreen()->m_BlockLocate.GetState() != STATE_NO_BLOCK )
        snapToGrid = true;

    if( snapToGrid )
        pos = GetNearestGridPosition( pos );

    oldpos   = GetCrossHairPosition();