Re: Are the python BOMmers case sensitive?

On Sep 19, 2013 7:53 AM, "Lorenzo Marcantonio" <l.marcantonio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 07:03:18AM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> > Not as likely as an alias problem.  Your xml file might have all the
proper
> > aliases in it, and this would be if you are exporting it with an
> > insufficient version.  Using a version at least as new as my posting
> > mentioned?  See any <aliases> in the xml?
>
> It's fresh from bzr... as you can see aliases are there (and in fact that
part
> is an alias). Have fun reverse engineering the design from the netlist :P

I am not accustomed to someone asking for help in this fashion.

It sounds like two things need to be done.

1) the python netlist loader needs to assume utf8.

2) eeschema should be made case sensitive in its use of component names.

IMO.

I have no time to help with either.

Sorry.

> Replacing dsPIC with DSPIC (I did it everywhere!) make that go away
(there is *another*
> problem, since it chokes on UTF8 characters (maybe python needs something
like 'use locale' in perl):

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "bom_csv_by_ref_v2.py", line 41, in <module>
>       c.getField("Manufacturer"), c.getField("Vendor")])
> UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xb5' in
position 1: ordinal not in range(128)