Re: Python scripting documentation

2013/9/21 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl@xxxxxxxx>

> On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 12:23 AM, Miguel Angel <miguelangel@xxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > It's a first try, only "BOARD" class extended descriptions are
> > imported from the C++ doxygen.
> >
> > It's not perfect, but can be automated and much better than nothing.
>
>  ah, brilliant.  actually the doxygen or epydoc conversion isn't so
> critical, it's actually having the class comments there *at all*
> that's important.  typically i will do "import pcbnew" then this:
>  for x in pcbnew:
>      print x.__name__, x.__doc__

:-)

> and... uh.... pcbnew just comes up with sweet f.a.

f.a. ? :)

> :)  it's then an
> absolute bitch trying to hunt down the API.  luckily because i know it
> came from the c++ / swig bindings, *i* know to go look up the c++
> code... but other people who do not have a mixed programming training
> / background will be absolutely clueless.

Yes, in some case it will get complicated, we need loads of examples and
experimentation to let the people know what can be done, and figure
ourselves what is not possible to fix it..

> so... yeah - awesome!
>
> > http://dev.kicad-pcb.org/doxygen-python-test/classpcbnew_1_1BOARD.html
>
> 404 not found mr miguel :)

http://dev.kicad-pcb.org/doxygen-python/<http://dev.kicad-pcb.org/doxygen-python-test/classpcbnew_1_1BOARD.html>

go there (-test removed), now all the classes are C++->Python documented. :)