Re: First impressions on fp-table

On 9/24/2013 6:40 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:

> [...]
> that plus
> for it!
> shell one

> plugin
> important

>> > entry.

>> > pathname... the

>> > missing file would be useful
>> > Load() : line 214

>> > GetColumnCount()" failed in SetColumnWidth(): invalid column index

>> > const*)
>> > const&, COMPONENT*, int)

>> > I see
> the code
> information.

>> > the cmp
>> > only
> deleted and

> to write
> that's

> shown in
> would be

>> > of the
> would
>> > change

> noticed

>  <C0805>

> least it

> "smd:C0805".

>> > timestamps

>> > but, in
>> > write in
> process
>  Still

> see if

> else pops
> variable
>> > implementation.

> directory.
> instead
> Frankly
>> > is the
>> > .kicad
>> > Data

> plan on
> user's
> this
> in the
>> > when I

>> > establish a project, but
>> > filename?

>> > You did not answer my first question, I don't know where it gets saved
>> > if no project.  But it is.
>>
>> Sorry about that.
>>

>> > I like what I see, but wanted to examine the project table.  Can not
>> > find it for case when no project.
>>
>> That would be a bug on my part.  It should not save the project
>> fp-lib-table if no board file is loaded.  Is there a way to not show the
>> project specific tab in the footprint table edit dialog.  That seems
>> like a reasonable indicator to the user that no project footprint
>> library table is not available.  I'll take a look at the project
>> footprint library table save code and make the necessary fixes.
>
> Quite mutiny is not desired.   So simply not saving it is worse.
>
> If this is not something we can agree on, we should keep talking.  Can
> we explore some more ideas. Please?
>
> I think saving it in home directory and loading from home directory WHEN
> NO PROJECT DEFINED is best.  This lets the command line user start a new
> project by inheriting the project table from home.

Just so I'm clear, are you talking about adding entries from the project
specific table the global footprint table when no board file is loaded?
 The global table is always loaded, board file or no board file and is
the fallback table to either the project specific table or and empty one
if it doesn't exist or no board file is loaded.