Re: Github plugin.

On 22 September 2013 05:37, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 09/21/2013 09:23 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> > I will fix it if it does not work on linux....
>

> Did that, it works now, and brilliantly.
>

> We had a namespace collision on FPL_CACHE, my destructor was going into
> LEGACY_PLUGIN's
> FPL_CACHE destructor.  Linker did not catch that, because geez, it was
> thinking it was the
> same class.   Have given each FPL_CACHE class a unique name, could have
> used a namespace
> but did not.
>

> Then, I removed PCAD from FP_LIB_TABLE dialog, which does not support
> Footprint*()
> functions.  *In its place I added "Github" plugin.*   This was me pulling
> the trigger.
>

> It works now.  And it is really exciting.
>

> *I am all for getting our stock footprints on github ASAP!*
>
> Whoever is in charge of those now, please lets rock the footprints!
>
> Please talk to your platform sponsor about getting the PLUGIN to run on
> the Windows and
> OSX platforms.  I don't have those, and will not be helping more than I
> have.  I wrote
> CMakeModules/download_openssl.cmake and it might work with minor edits if
> you have perl on
> your windows system because the damn openssl Configure program uses perl.
>  Otherwise if
> you have access to precompiled openssl libs and headers another way, you
> can force the
> issue at or around line 31 of pcbnew/github/CMakeLists.txt by defining
> OPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR and OPENSSL_LIBRARIES cmake symbols.
>
> Sort of like this:
>
> set( OPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR
>     ${PREFIX}/include
>     CACHE FILEPATH "OPENSSL include directory"
>     )
>
> set( OPENSSL_LIBRARIES
>     ${PREFIX}/lib/libssl.a
>     ${PREFIX}/lib/libcrypto.a
>     CACHE STRING "OPENSSL libraries"
>     )

On Windows, building without the msys environment means perl is an absolute
no-go area for me; But cross-compiling openssl on linux with 1.0.1e is
pretty straight forward anyway. Then it's just a case of
-DOPENSSL_ROOT_DIR= to let CMake find the SSL libraries itself.

However, building and installing Boost is a royal pain in the butt! The
bootstrapping and compiling syntax is a bit different between windows and
linux (On windows, libraries are not selected during bootstrapping, they
are selected during compilation), and the install plain doesn't work for me
- I have an outstanding question on Stack Overflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19009456/boost-1-54-install-installing-nothing

There were a few linking issues to sort out too, and after all that PCBNEW
crashes with a c-runtime issue, yuk. So it's still not up and running on
Windows through Winbuilder yet. There's some more grief to sort out yet!

Best Regards,

Brian.