Re: export of cad file

Le 08/10/2013 17:00, Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :
> On 10/8/2013 8:20 AM, Thomas Spindler wrote:
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> I had to do some tricky mechanical design around a pcb and generated a step
>> like file format. (See attached example)
>>
>> If other users find it useful I will eventually integrate it into 3d-viewer.
>>
>> Thomas
>>

> Thomas,
>
> It certainly looks interesting.  When you say a step like file format,
> I'm assuming you mean a step file format.  I opened the attached file
> with Freecad without any issues so it must be step like enough.  Does
> your step generator include the component models as well as the board?
> This has been a frequently requested feature for KiCad so it would be
> nice to have if you are willing to see it through.  Your initial results
> are impressive and it's something I would find useful.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Wayne

Thomas,

I agree the fact STEP import/export feature is *very* important for Kicad.
Can you tell us more about your intention, and mainly the meaning of:
"I will eventually integrate it into 3d-viewer".
( do you want to write code to import shapes i3 3D viewer ? or to export
a board in STEP format? )

Thanks,

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS