Re: Footprint library table.

On 10/13/2013 3:28 PM, jp charras wrote:
> Le 13/10/2013 18:37, Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :
>> I committed the last of the footprint library table implementation in
>> r4380 for general testing.  Please let me know if you find any issues.
>> If there are no major problems over the next few weeks, I will change it
>> to the default footprint library management tool and start removing the
>> legacy footprint library code.  I will also take a look at the lazy
>> caching to improve some the footprint library performance issues when I
>> get some free time.
>>
>> If someone has some time, please test cross building with MinGW.  I made
>> a minor tweak to download_boost.cmake to allow it to build properly with
>> MSys Makefiles and I want to make sure I didn't break the cross build.
>> I just ran out of time to test it.
>>
>> Thanks for the help.
>>
>> Wayne
>
> Thanks for this great and hard work.
>
> I did not yet heavily tested the new fp lib table.
> It works fine for me but I ran into 2 issues (tested under W7 only):
>
> 1 - for geda libs import, the import is *very long*: 25 seconds to list
> the library content (260 file).
> Only 1 second to list a .pretty library containing 280 files.
> And I have a folder containing 1200 gpcb footprint files!.
>
> 2 - When the $HOME folder does not yet contain the kicad folder, where
> Pcbnew try to copy the file fp_global_table file from template, an error
> is thrown (the first time Pcbnew is launched).
> Perhaps this folder could be automatically created (or the user could be
> asked for this creation) when it does not exist.
> When this folder is created by hand, Pcbnew works fine.

JP,

Are you running any antivirus on this machine?  I had the same problem
on my work system with Kaspersky AV.  When I disabled the AV, it worked
fine.  On my home system where there is no AV, it didn't have any
issues.  I'll do some more testing on both systems to make sure it's not
something else in the next day or so.

Thanks,