Re: MASM Boost dependency on Windows

On 10/14/2013 11:58 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:

<brian.sidebotham@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:brian.sidebotham@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

 > > On 14 October 2013 22:36, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:dick@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

 > >> For now just comment out context.  We won't need it until building
GAL P&S.  Does mingw come with an assembler.  Does it suppprt inline asm?

 > >> Ther are only a coulple of small files to assemble.
 > >>
 > >> Enabling context was a trial balloon.  Seems to have accomplished
its goal.

 > > Excellent, will do.
 > >
 > > Yes, MinGW has GNU AS (It's part of binutils). I don't know why
they've implemented it with MASM instead for the Windows platform.

 > Specifically, for the MINGW buld environment, which could be a linux
hosted cross.  What then?

 > Duh.

Tom and Orson may have gas versions of those files.

Indeed, they are already (for Win32/Win64/Linux/OSX) in our branch. MASM was the reason why I didn't use the original boost build system.

Regards,
Tom