Building OpenSSL with CMake on Windows

I patched the LuaDist CMake build system to work successfully on OpenSSL
1.0.1e.

Downloading, patching and building OpenSSL with CMake on Windows has an
issue though (Doesn't everything being built on Windows!?)

The issue is that CMake, or more precisely libarchive used by CMake doesn't
deal with symbolic links on Windows. Even 7z doesn't deal with them at all
well either. The source archive for OpenSSL includes symbolic links in the
include directory.

7z outputs an ascii file with a line of text that is the relative path to
the actual file. Not very useful, but this was at least parse-able and
therefore fixable in CMake.

CMake -E tar fails with the message: "Cannot create \". There's plenty of
information about this, and a fix is targeted at the 2.8.12 release:
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/print_bug_page.php?bug_id=13251

It may work okay under the MSYS shell actually - I've not tried as I don't
have it.

I'm unsure how we will get around this problem on Windows.

Best Regards,

Brian.

Follow ups