Re: Kicad distribution method for users - some updates

On 10/18/2013 08:41 AM, Adam Wolf wrote:
> Dick,
>
> Do you see any value in me trying to get a decent package put into the Ubuntu and Debian
> release or should I abandon that project?
>
> Adam Wolf
> W&L

I do see value in it.  Only you can say if that value makes it worth your time.  Folks
encountering KiCad for the first time often will install from the repo.  Only later will
they yearn for the new goodies, which can be obtained only by building from recent source.

A daily PPA like system is therefore more valuable, since it has potential to address the
needs of both the new user as well as the seasoned one.