Re: An interesting simulator (Xyse) published under GPL

On 11/06/2013 12:11 PM, Vesa Solonen wrote:
> I just found a couple of links that may of interest to some readers
> here, especially CERN guys as I remember simulation being on your list
> of todo's.
>
> https://share.sandia.gov/xyce/
> http://www.delorie.com/archives/browse.cgi?p=geda-user/2013/11/05/12:24:50
>
> What makes it special is the parallel processing. For example, free as
> in beer LTspice is single threaded and that is getting in the way these
> days.
>
> -Vesa

Their first highlighted feature is "Modern Code Base".  That is encouraging and gives you
some idea about their philosophy and priorities.

Sandia is a customer of ours, they use our software for simulating factory control
strategies, factory networking strategies, and security studies.  Possibly under the same
grant umbrella but I don't think so.