Re: Cairo rendering backend

On Thu, Nov 07, 2013 at 08:03:20PM +0100, Maciej Sumiński wrote:
> It could be used when OpenGL renderer does not work. I am not really sure if
> eg. Intel Atom integrated graphics is able to use it. I have seen a glewinfo
> report that states the GPU is compatible only up to OpenGL 1.4, which is 11
> years old. I hope it was only an issue of having not appropriate drivers.

Actually even some more recent Intels are nearly unusable for anything using
OpenGL 2.0... I have a mobile ICH9 and performance drops when you use
anything with the word 'shader' in it:D

However I think that with careful coding nearly everything needed by
kicad could be done with 1.4 and the usual extensions (mainly BOs).

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl