Re: Cairo rendering backend

On 11/08/2013 11:48 PM, "Torsten Hüter" wrote:
Hi Orson,
have a look here:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kicad-testing-committers/kicad/kicad-gal/view/head:/gal/wxdc/wxdc_gal.cpp
With my test examples it was faster than Cairo. I guess it should be
possible to reach the same performance like the old drawing routines.
Downside is the missing transparency and that wxDC drawing is deprecated.
Bye,
Torsten

I would rather stick to Cairo in such case, as disabling transparency probably would give a huge speed up and adapting the wxDC backend to the current GAL interface could take some time.

Regards,
Orson

Hi Torsten,

To tell the truth, I must have missed the source code for wxDC backend.
Maybe it is worth a try, but probably now it would have to be adapted to
the changes introduced to GAL. If you have a more or less working
version, maybe you can compare performance of both backends?