Re: boost & gcc 4.8.1

On 11 November 2013 10:32, Maciej Sumiński <maciej.suminski@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Boost downloaded by KiCad does not build with gcc 4.8.1 - it is already
> resolved in boost-trunk. I do not know what is the policy for applying
> patches that are going to be included in the mainstream, but just in case -
> the attached patched removes the problem.
>
> Regards,
> Orson

By the looks of it this is a 32-bit OS problem only? I certainly don't have
a problem with Boost compiling on Windows 7 x64 and KiCad-Winbuilder is
also using mingw32-w64 4.8.1 and compiles okay.

I don't have a 32-bit system to test on. It's certainly not *just* gcc
4.8.1 and Boost anyway.

Best Regards,

Brian.