Re: KiCad patch sets break build

> Just for reference, 4451 builds clean on Mac while 4452 and more recent break.
>
> ...I just launched another build attempt using "latest" which includes Brian's 4459
> commits and it's still broken.
>
> Best-guess, there's something about the removal of "if( BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN )"
> conditionals in 4452
> (http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kicad-testing-committers/kicad/testing/revision/4452) that
> needs resolving.

Yes, that would require a MAC developer to develop a strategy and work through the same
steps that Brian and I did for Windows and Linux respectively.  It entails finding the
right command line steps "away from KiCad and CMake", typically in a /tmp directory, and
then back incorporating them into CMake commands.

It starts though understanding how to do what needs to be done from the command line,
without CMake and without KiCad.  This is the boost build process specifically.

Until such OSX developer comes forth with the time and expertise, you may have to stick
with an older version.

  $ bzr up -r <rev>

seems to be the easiest way to control which version you are building.

When I did it, I starting by googling for how to build a subset of boost on linux.  Did
everything step by step from the /tmp directory.  Similar instructions are available for
OSX, it is not rocket science, and it is certainly less glamourous.

I see no reason to guess what a proper patch should look like.  For OSX to be a "supported
platform" it has to keep up, and that means building boost.

Dick