Re: A tribute to KiCad quality

On 11/18/2013 03:48 AM, Martijn Kuipers wrote:
> Dear devs,
>
> I am in no way affiliated to this site, but it shows that KiCad is used to change the way things work.
>
> This site is an excellent example of the quality of KiCad and I sincerely hope they reach the funding to build their system:
> http://mobilecg.hu/
>
> Keep up the great work (both the KiCad team as well as the Mobile ECG team),
> Martijn

I find KiCad barely useable.  I am in no way satisfied with KiCad.  In my view it is
however making progress, although more like 3 steps forward and 1 step back.

The 1 step back is a reference to bad code.

We are also being hurt by wx 2.8.  The 3.0 stuff is newer, and therefore expected to be
better, and it is.

I am worried that distros which depend on wx 2.8 will not have the balls to push 3.0 into
their package repo's soon, especially when much depends on wxPython and what they do.

Does the windows build of KiCad use wxPython on wx 3.0?

I think having more people use the testing branch has been positive for code quality.
Bugs have been caught sooner.  Waiting until they flow into the "stable" branch is a bad
strategy.  Nobody wants stable bugs.

Dick