bzr is unmaintained. Should we move KiCAD repository to git too?

Just to inform, bazaar is not actively maintained anymore. The trunk
branch, for example, has less than 20 new commits in the past year. A
much more comprehensive view about the status of bzr (as of March 2013)
can be made by reading the debates in the Emacs internal mailing lists[2].

I'd like to propose to move the KiCad developent to Git and Github, as
is being done with the KiCAD component libraries. I volunteer to perform
the migration if we decide in favor of it.

The switch should be painless: all it takes is a single command to
perform migration of entire version history. Local bzr branches can be
easily exported to Git without any conflicts too.

Arguably, there's not much need to perform the migration now, since bzr
is quite mature and there are no bugs  interfere with KiCAD development.
OTOH, I guess it's still betthatter to keep unmaintained software away
from critical duties, especially since the cost of the migration is low.

Any opinions?

Regards,
Povilas

[1]: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~bzr-pqm/bzr/bzr.dev/changes
Note, that despite unusual name, this is the official trunk branch. See
this: https://launchpad.net/bzr/trunk

[2]: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-03/msg00776.html

Follow ups