Re: Github Library repositories

On 11/30/2013 06:09 PM, Carl Poirier wrote:
> While doing so, I was thinking that an alternative would have been to
> create a second organization, named something like "KiCAD-Librairies",
> to host them all and nothing else. In this case, maybe we could get rid
> of the "_lib" prefix? I would personally prefer that, so our
> fp-lib-table is even simpler. If any of you has an objection, please
> voice in your input. Else, I'll run the script again for this new
> organization, and hopefully make it the final library emplacement!

A prefix ensures that the repository structure is future proof. What if
we decided to move symbol library repositories to Github too? This may
result in slightly annoying ambiguities in certain usage cases.

I think that in this case four characters isn't a big price to pay,
especially when most of the library names are longer than 10 characters.

By the way, what do you think about 'fp_' as a prefix? It's both more
explicit and shorter.

Regards,
Povilas