Re: Development of IDFv3 export

Le 04/12/2013 16:40, Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :
> On 12/4/2013 10:23 AM, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 09:24:15AM -0500, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>>> What is missing from the board file format that is required to export to
>>> IDFv3?  None the the other exporters required any changes to the board
>>> file format.  I'm not thrilled about the idea of changing the board file
>>> format just to satisfy exporting to another file format.
>>
>> I already did some feasibility study a while ago, nothing is needed
>> (except some way to convey height information for the modules, if
>> wanted). Also if he picks the segment in the board instead of taking the
>> bounding box he will a) handle the more-common-than-you-think case of
>> nonrectangular boards and b) not need the 0.1mm reduction hack.
>
> I didn't think any changes were required but I'm no IDFv3 expert.  I
> would prefer to see the actual board outline implemented before
> committing this feature to KiCad.  More than 50% of the boards that I
> design are *not* rectangular so this would be a show stopper for me.

Extracting actual board outlines is now very easy.
see void EDA_3D_CANVAS::BuildBoard3DView() which uses them to show the
3D view of the epoxy.

The requirement is (obvioulsy): a closed valid polygon exists.

But a valid polygon (needed for 3D viewer and specctra export) can be
created only if a full board outline exists and was created using the
same grid for all lines or arcs.
Therefore a footprint which includes a partial board outline (i.e.
having edges cutout) will certainly break this requirement.
This is the reason why edge cut outlines are not allowed in footprints.