Re: Numeric issues

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 11:14:15AM -0800, Veronica Merryfield wrote:
> Hi
>
> I wonder if anyone has any insight to this.
>
> I have vias set with a 5mil annular ring as per PCB makers minimum but the PCB maker reports them as 4.859mil and thus below the 5mil they want.
>
> Is this an artefact of some setting (gerber file perhaps) or is it a math rounding error internally, or something else?

Uhm... perhaps the drill code? I'm quite sure gerbers are correctly
rounded, but I don't know the rules used for drilling. Are you doing
something involving metric conversion? Last time I checked gerbers where
always imperial but IIRC the drill tape can be done in metric. That
could be the issue.

If all that is ok, then please provide a sample board to check the
issue.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl