bugs 1261583 and 1236583

These bugs are identical and concern the 3D viewer (rectangular outline used because adjacent segments fail the exact endpoint test).

The line causing this is in specctra_export.cpp, line 1011:

prox = Mils2iu( 0 );

 I did not submit a patch because I believe some discussion is necessary about the limit imposed for the closeness of points and the routine (fillBOUNDARY) is also used by the specctra exporter.  In bug 1236583 the user has points which differ by 500nm.  In bug 1261583 the difference in the DXF file is less than 10nm.

 Is it possible to change the limit without adversely affecting the specctra export, and if so, what limit would people consider reasonable? From my point of view, the worst case which isn't in the domain of the plain ridiculous would be that someone uses a 32-bit float representation of a board which is about 1000mm across - that would give a worst case expectation of about 1 micron. I would imagine even 10 microns should be acceptable given modern manufacturing techniques and limitations of reality.

- Cirilo

Follow ups