[MACOSX] OSX Port status

As usual in those times i release of the OSX port, I’m shipping in this moment the STABLE tree for ppc, i386 and x86_64 that should have resolved some issues.

Going to the Testing tree and the state of the Art,I’ve seen the improvements, really a great job  and I wish have some feedbacks from you.

In the last releases of OSX there was a switch of compiler, we have passed from gcc to llvm and at the same time there was the switch from stdlibc++ to libc++: to maintain the compatibility with old release of OSX and with wx-widgets we stick on stdlibc++ (solved with -mmacosx-version-min=10.5)
I’ve seen the GAL, nice job folks.
Besides this takes with it dependencies to a couple of libraries (cairo and GLEW) that adds complexity for the Release since aren’t shipped with OSX, i wish to know if is scheduled to add those in the tree (like was done with boost) allowing it be added statically.
I need to avoid users the need compile themselves those libraries.
Since i’m looking to experiment kicad’s build for iphone/ipad and probably will be nice and forecastable add also other tablets os-ports, i wish have GAL options selectable by cmake.
I’ve got some crashes with wx-widgets  3.0/trunk, the issue is well described in http://forums.wxwidgets.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38482
At the moment i’ve resolved with some hacks i’m studying how to fix those the cleanest way.
Unicode related, some parts relies on the conversion wxString -> wxChar * -> ( char * ), not more true in wx-widgets 3.0/trunk llvm says:
candidate function not viable: no known conversion from 'wxString' to 'const wxChar *' (aka 'const wchar_t *’)
	    I think we wish overload those functions or someone has better approach to the issue ?

I’ll ship some patches for OSX in those hours for the boost compiling in testing, solving issues and adding multi-platform compile.
I'll really appreciate your honest ideas on those points,
--
Marco