Re: bzr is unmaintained. Should we move KiCAD repository to git too?

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 12:01 AM, Ouabache Designworks
<z3qmtr45@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My experience has been that any code worth writing will long outlive
> whatever rcs system that you are using. Expect to have to do this on a
> regular basis
>

> John Eaton
>

> On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 4:08 AM, Kaspar Emanuel <kaspar.emanuel@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> This discussion springing up on emacs-devel is likely relevant:
>>
>> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2014-01/msg00005.html
>>
>> On 2 December 2013 04:51, Povilas Kanapickas <povilas@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Just for the record, git has submodules feature, which allows to store
>> > external dependencies in-tree and easily manage local patches to them.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Povilas

I've mentioned this on another thread but I'd like to re-iterate that
I've tried to contribute to kicad but found bzr workflows to be very
difficult to wrap my head around. I'm very familiar with cvs/svn/git
though so I'd welcome a switch to git. Because git is so widely used
now it may also make it easier for others to contribute.

Chris