Re: IDF output test.

----- Original Message -----

Hi Jean-Pierre,

 The emp file is meant to have other information on the components: a simple outline and height and optionally other information on electrical and thermal characteristics. It is created even though it is empty because it is required.

 To make IDF more useful for general users who do not have MCAD software there needs to be something in the emp file, but this will be a more intrusive patch which touches many files in KiCad. I plan to do it, but I need time to think of a good way to do it.

- Cirilo