Re: Net names and net codes

13/01/14 10:04, Maciej Sumiński kirjoitti:

> I fully support the idea, in fact I have dreamed about this too
> (http://www.ohwr.org/projects/cern-kicad/wiki/ratsnest-gal#Possible-upgrades).
> I had a short try with OpenMP, but I did not get any better results, so
> it seems that I could have done it wrong.

Some articles:
http://locklessinc.com/articles/vectorize/
http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/tree-ssa/vectorizathttps://twiki.cern.ch
https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/CMSPublic/WorkBookWritingAutovectorizableCode

Some tools:
http://code.entropywave.com/blog/
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Volk

ORC may be the best tool to go with. GNU Radio's DSP stack and GStreamer
depends on it.

> If there are volunteers who have some experience with parallelization I
> am very eager to cooperate to speed up some of computations. The
> ratsnest algorithm is a perfect place to start with. It is performed on
> per net basis, so they are all independent to each other.

I could possibly do something, but I'm not familiar with much of the
Kicad code. Single function "optimise this ->" might work, but delivery
times can't be guaranteed...

-Vesa