Re: DRC pads

Le 17/01/2014 12:57, ml a écrit :
> I believe this case should be better solved by creating a 3 pad footprint and
> corresponding schematic symbol instead of putting away the most common
> requirement for nonoverlapping parts. Anyway I see that there are such unusual
> needs :-)
>
> I can implement a checkbox in the Design Rules Editor dialog labeled "Allow
> overlapping pads within the same net" with default "off". In the future I can
> add an option for each pad.
>
> Any suggestions before I start?
>
> David

Yes.

Overlapping pads is the way to make complex pad shapes (for instance smd
pads with thermal vias) from basic shapes.

It is used in many footprints.

Overlapping pads is *not* a DRC issue, this is a frequent case.

Your issue is very different, and cannot be fixed by a checkbox in the
Design Rules Editor.

This issue is more like a "mechanical" issue, found when 2 footprints
overlap.
Most of cases, footprints can be overlapping and do no have overlapping
pads.

The way to fix it is more complex than just add a checkbox (which does
not fix anything but very few cases), and needs to test overlapping
footprints (perhaps considering the footprint bounding boxes).

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS