Re: Adding my new libararies to kicad

On 1/24/2014 5:26 AM, Oscad Team wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have built some new kicad libraries and i wanted to make them part of
> kicad main libraries permanently to avoid manual adding of the libraries
> every time i open kicad.
>
>  In-fact i tried to copy my library files into the
> /usr/share/kicad/libraries folder in my linux ubuntu system but still i
> am not able to access these new libraries inside EESchema editor.
>

> Can any one please suggest me how to do it.
>
> Thank You
> Shambhu

You must add your new component libraries to your project file.  This is
documented in the Eeschema Reference Manual section 3.2.3.  If you want
to use these libraries automatically whenever you start a new project,
you must modify the /use/share/kicad/template/kicad.pro file by adding
your custom libraries to the "LibName##" entry (where ## is the next
available number) in the "[eeschema/libraries]" section of the file.
You will need root access to modify this file.

For future reference, please direct user related questions to the KiCad
User's Group at http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/kicad-users/info.
This is the KiCad develope'rs mailing list.