Re: KiCad-Winbuilder V3.3

On 30 January 2014 16:52, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 1/30/2014 6:59 AM, Brian Sidebotham wrote:
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> I've just uploaded a new release for KiCad-Winbuilder which includes a
>> few fixes and bumps wxPython up to V3+ (V3.0.0 with a couple of
>> patches mentioned on the KiCad developers list which are useful fixes
>> for KiCad). The library now also comes from GitHub (Simply by
>> downloading the master zip file every time).
>>
>> I wanted to move the APPDATA stuff into the KiCad-Winbuilder
>> environment so that it was all self-contained but wxWidgets makes use
>> of the CSIDL_* "constants" obtained through the Windows API rather
>> than using the more common APPDATA environment path, so I can't
>> redirect that.
>>
>> It may be better that it's not re-directed anyway. I tested last night
>> and everything appeared to work okay.
>>
>> Whilst building our house and especially when our new baby arrives I
>> might have to leverage support from users of the script to help
>> maintain it. If anyone's interested in improving or helping maintain
>> the build system please don't hesitate to get in contact. I have
>> appreciated all the bug reporting that has gone on recently as the
>> script fell out-of-sync with KiCad's changes - it really helps focus
>> my time on fixing things rather than discovering things.
>
> A new house and a baby on the way and he still finds time to hack on
> KiCad!  You are now officially on my hero list.  Thank you Brian for you
> dedication to the KiCad project.  Your help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Wayne

Thank-you Wayne, but know that it's entirely mutually felt! It still
amazes me, that the other day I was able to layout a project for a
charity to enable them to bring micro hydro-electric generators to
places that have no other available power source in a very capable
package entirely written and supported by volunteers. It should make
everyone involved feel proud to have delivered that project.

Thank-you to all involved!

Best Regards, Brian.