Re: Revisiting the Git decision

I suspect it's all just a documentation issue too as someone else
suggested because it's so easy to branch the code and generate a patch
using Bazaar.

Perhaps the best place for anyone who has decided Bazaar is dead (it
works for me by the way!) and therefore cannot contribute (and
particularly git fans) is to look at the Inkscape wiki:
http://www.inkscape.org/en/develop/getting-started/

Or, you can just...

bzr checkout lp:kicad
bzr branch ./kicad ./kicad-feature

..hack, hack, hack kicad-feature, you can commit to ./kicad-feature as
many times as you like and merge in the tip any time you want to keep
conflicts to a minimum...

cd kicad && bzr up && cd ..
cd kicad-feature && bzr merge ../kicad
bzr diff > my-feature.patch

It's really that easy to start contributing (I've left out the build
and debug steps which are several orders of magnitude more time
consuming). You don't need to fork, pull, push or anything like that.

I agree, we should probably have a wiki page similar to Inkscape's,
but Inkscape has many more contributors compared to KiCad. PCB design
is less popular than vector graphics in general.

Best Regards, Brian.