Re: Moving field-texts with connecting line to component; potential patch

>  -  In other places in the code that has to do with redraws, there is
> some special handling with the USE_WX_OVERLAY macro. I can't really
> test this properly in my installation of wxWidgets, so I don't know if
> I always do what would be needed in this case.

Henner,
This is my code, for OSX, Mac having a vectorial GUI interface, doesn’t have graphical logical operations.
so i managed to use Native Overlay to “cleanup”, i don’t know this way is viable for other platforms,
but is the ONLY way we could manage “immediate” changes with the current drawing code.

When a tool is selected, the object is flagged in “MOVE” so not drawn in the first refresh that will be keeped.
All moves and “immediate” operations are drawn on the overlay that is erased each time.
When operation ends, there will be a refresh that will shown the ending result.

If you patch, just remember to honor the ERASE flag when erasing with XOR, the rest should be managed:
Overlay code will do the rest.

—
Marco