Re: PATCH: making component choosing (much!) more usable

Le 14/02/2014 04:33, Henner Zeller a écrit :
> Hi,
> I'd like to continue working on refining this feature over the
> weekend, but don't want to add more to this already big patch.
> Is this patch ready to go into mainline ?
>
>> View patch here:
>> https://github.com/hzeller/kicad/compare/master...component-chooser-experiment#files_bucket
>>
>> Download it here:
>> https://github.com/hzeller/kicad/compare/master...component-chooser-experiment.diff
>>
>> Thanks,
>>   -henner

Thanks, Henner.

This is a very good feature.

I committed your patch with 3 very minor changes:

1 - On wxWidgets 3.0.0, dialog_choose_component.cpp does not compile
    (tree.GetNext() function does not exist).
    fixedGetPrevVisible is compiled only if wxWidgets version is <
3.0.0, and GetPrevVisible is used for version >= 3.0.0.
    Please, verify this point.

2 - The dialog is now derived from DIALOG_SHIM, like all our dialogs.
    The advantage (among some others) is the position and size are
stored during the session.

3 - Comments in .h files are now tagged to be taken in account by
doxygen. (previously, They were fine for doxygen, but not tagged)

I need a refinement:
When a component exists in more than one library, currently Eeschema
(like some other EDA tools) loads the first found (The order of
libraries is therefore important).

There are both advantage and inconvenient to do that.

Therefore, because the dialog allows the user to select a given lib,the
actual loaded component is (in rare cases) not the selected component
(if it comes from an other lib)

I am thinking it could be good to warn the user if the loaded component
comes from a different lib than the lib which is selected.

(Note: this issue was already existing in the previous selection dialog)

Thanks.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS