Getting libraries when building from source.

Is there a preferred way to do this? Just building lp:kicad there doesn't
seem to be any library stuff included. What I was able to find was:

There seems to be <https://github.com/KiCad/kicad-library> and all the
*.pretty repos on github, but I wasn't able to find an explanation of how
to integrate that into the basic source build/install.

Also, at the bottom of <
http://www.kicad-pcb.org/display/DEV/Building+KiCad+on+Linux>, it says "If
you want to also install the KiCad components library, you can use these
commands:", but those commands don't work for me, and seem to be unrelated
to the github libraries.

So what is the usual/preferred way to get the libraries?

-- Sean Silva

Follow ups