Re: Getting libraries when building from source.

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 9:01 AM, Nick Østergaard <oe.nick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> See https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-lib-committers/msg00034.html
>
> Which means that you should basically checkout
> lp:~dickelbeck/kicad/library-read-only instead. I guess the information
> should be updated on the website also, by those who have write access.

Thanks for the information. I followed the same steps as on the wiki,
except using lp:~dickelbeck/kicad/library-read-only instead, but I'm still
running into the same issue. In particular, when I open up cvpcb, there are
no footprints available.

I'm getting errors like "Cannot find footprint library file 'sockets.mod'
in any of the KiCad legacy library search paths.". There is no file
sockets.mod, but there is a file Sockets.mod present in
$INSTALL_ROOT/share/kicad/modules/. I tried renaming the file to
sockets.mod but that doesn't seem to make any difference (no footprints
appear either way).

It seems like there is a lot of mention of "legacy" in the dialogs when
using this approach. Is there a different approach that I should be using
which is non-"legacy"?

-- Sean Silva