Re: Tickets on launchpad

On 22.02.2014 01:58, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>> * Due to the current "rolling release / something close to that",
>> bugs that are fixed, are marked as such and not "fix released" -
>> correct? Will someone mark them after a release / bzr tag will
>> set those to "fix released"?
>
> Fixed released should be used only when a new stable version (which
> is probably going to go away so I don't know if it's worth the time
> to update them) is released with the bug fix.  Otherwise, fix
> committed should be used when it has been fixed in the product
> branch.  The problem is no one goes back and changes them from
> committed to released when there is a new stable release so.
> Unless there is a way to tell Launchpad to do it automatically by
> branch, revision, or tag, I'm not sure if there is a good solution
> for this.  Doing it by hand would be a lot of work.
"Been there, done that" ;). Now nearly every reference towards a
committed bug in lp:kicad/stable has been updated, bringing about 170
"newly released" fixes, most of them with an extra comment with the
revno for the fix.
Also checked the "missing" commits from producd for tickets left in an
not fix {committed,released} state.
I didn't touched the ones beyond r4024 from the stable repo - just
assumed, since there are no packaged builds available on launchpad, to
compare against the the revisions used to build packages for ubuntu:
trusty (electronics): Electronic schematic and PCB design software
[universe] 0.20131208+bzr4024-1: amd64 i386.
Gentoo uses stable r4017 (unless you are using the 99999999 build).

269 ones are with committed fixes - I don't think it'll be much work
if those are updated while pushing them into the stable branch (if
this will be happening again?).

Are the OSX and winbuilder releases from the product repo? In this
case the fix released will always apply there ;).

>> * Reports regarding symbols and footprints - should they be
>> redirected to https://github.com/KiCad/kicad-library and if so,
>> what state should be set after this?
>
> Patches and bug reports for component symbol and footprint
> libraries should be redirected since this is the new home for
> them.
Currently I've tagged those with "library", the list can be seen here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bugs?field.tag=library .
IMHO it would be great if the lib-team checks on those bugs (even if
they are right now in the wrong bug tracker - pasting them over to
github wont be worth the effort if it's already fixed).

Bye,
imp