Re: Text in opengl

23/02/14 10:59, Lorenzo Marcantonio kirjoitti:
> I really find ugly/distracting the messy line width in text in the
> opengl view, so investigated the thing...

:) I noticed it too, but thought it's still in the "make it work" phase.
Make it pretty may follow... The same line width jumping happens in all
primitives on the board.

Anyway I remember similar problem for gEDA some time ago, but Peter
Clifton solved it for both gschem and pcb. IIRC it included grid fitting
the primitives on the rasteriser and rounding the position, not line
width. The result is still wrong, but less noticeable. The
implementation is for both OpenGL and cairo. I think this was around
2008. Also truetype font rendering had some smartness regarding
positioning and scaling, but details have vanished from my memory.

> What do you think of that? Have I missed something crucially important?

Just check blending and transparency works well enough.

-Vesa