Re: Henner's component chooser for CvPcb...

Hi,

Vesa Solonen wrote:
> 24/02/14 09:52, Lorenzo Marcantonio kirjoitti:
>
> > IIRC eagle (at least v5) had three entities:
> > - Package
> > - Symbol
> > - Part (seen as a many-to-many between package and symbol)
>
> Maybe my knowledge was out of date or I was just referring to common
> usage model. The above is how it is supposed to be done properly.

This is not done this way in Eagle.

Eagle has a part, than is a container with a single symbol, and multiple
packages, with individual pin mapping for each symbol->package
association.

You have to duplicate the SOT23-5 package across all your parts, and can
not change it globally, like the Kicad enables.

(On the other hand, what's missing in Kicad is the indivual pin mapping
and makes for TO-220-123, TO-220-BCE, TO-220-BEC, TO-220-GDS, TO-220-GSD
and so on, but that's not the topic).

++
--
Charles