Re: Local Variables

On 03/14/2014 10:00 AM, Adam Wolf wrote:
> I'm working a bit more than an hour a day on the Mac and Ubuntu/Debian/32bit/64bit
> "capable of being used as Debian/Ubuntu official" automation effort, but about half of
> that time is waiting for things to complete, so I'm looking for a little more Kicad work.

Aren't you a python jockey?

Maybe offer to be Dileep's mentor, and see if he will accept your help in working on
milestone C).

He actually needs someone to do that for his university work, might require a signature at
the end.

Practically, he will need some help, so if you have the experience, I think he should
accept a generous offer from you to help.

As I said, I would join your team around the completion of milestone B).  Tucking in some
C++ magic under your wxPython work, into the top of the KIWAYs, plural.

We need a *multi-project* interface, one that shows all open projects as different from
closed projects, and symbolic buttons or panel-lettes which show the open KIFACE tools,
such as pcbnew or eeschema, or future.

It needs to be able to launch pcbnew or eeschema on any project, and classify it as open
thereafter in the GUI.  (Isolate the launching code, it will get replaced later with a
Kiway interface.  Simply chain load kicad and pcbnew exes for now.)  After KIWAY
inclusion, we can then add a "bring to top" function.

We need a place to hook in an ever expanding set of utilities, conversion scripts, and
project front ends, gateways to other EDA tools, etc.

This will give the stature from which to add more SWIG interfaces in the DLL/DSOs below.

Anything else you can think of.

Dick