Environment Variables

This guy almost gets it:

Even in the face of bad advice, he came back to the same solution, which is our solution,
set the environment variables, any ones you like, any ones that solve your problem.

His ONLY problems are:

a) is he does not know how to set an environment variable, because if he did, it would work.

b) he does not realize that any environment variable that you make up and use, by 1)
setting and 2) referencing, will simply work.  He wants to make something official, and
request support for it.  Non-sense, its already there, all environment variables are
supported, any you makeup.

The *concept* to me is more important than anything, and it is on the cusp of breaking
through over there.  The light is starting to come on.

If somebody that knows how to set environment variables on Windows and Linux wants to be a
rock star on the user's mailing list, this might be your chance to shed light on what is
about to hit this guy in the nose.  Maybe your light can prevent that, and also help others.

Thanks,

Dick

Follow ups