Re: OSX build fails consistently with same error

On 03/21/2014 04:06 PM, Jean-Paul Louis wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Since today, I cannot succeed to build OSX version of Kicad (BZR 4764).
> I can build all the modules (kicad, eeschema, common, cvpcb, pcb_calculator) except “pcbnew”.
> Before, I was able to address the issue with a “make” followed by a “make common”, and
> finally another “make”.
> But now, I cannot find a way that solve the issue.
> I do not know which part is supposed to create the missing header file.
>
> Please help.
>
> Jean-Paul (AC9GH)

pcb_plot_params.h is generated by CMake, driven from make, on line 340 of
pcbnew/CMakeList.txt.

It is placed into <src>/pcbnew/pcb_plot_params.h  as it is generated.

1) First verify it is missing by looking for it in <src>/common/ dir.

2) If missing, then
$ cd <build>/common

i.e. go into one directory below your build directory into one named common.

3) make help | grep pcb_plot_params_keywords.o

common$ make help | grep pcb_plot_params_keywords.o
... pcb_plot_params_keywords.o

If you don't see this, punt, go back to step 2.

4) force the damn file to be built, while still in that dir:
$ make pcb_plot_params_keywords.o

5) verify it was built and placed into <src>/pcbnew/pcb_plot_params.h

If not, send me your computer and $2,000.  :)

Dick